[lug] Errrr, or PATH variables....

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Fri Aug 11 12:58:33 MDT 2000

If you put it in /etc/skel/<appropriate file>  then when you create a
new user, the new user will have those files copied to their new home
directory.  If you want these things available to everyone on the system
then put it in /etc/profile.

My path is set in .bash_profile which also sources my .bashrc.  It
doesn't really matter where you put it so long as it is one of the files
that is always run when you log in (either remotely or locally).  Sorry
I don't know which gets run with which session type.

Hugh