[lug] DISPLAY variable.

John Starkey jstarkey at ajstarkey.com
Sat Aug 12 15:55:06 MDT 2000

> >From what Aaron was saying, you have to *INSTALL* Oracle with the GUI.
> The startup scripts that actually get the oracle processes running are
> all command-line runable, but if you're asking about programs which
> talk to the database that'll depend on what you use.  I don't know what
> the stock tools provided by Oracle are written in.

I don't even know what I'm gonna be using. I'm sure I'll find out.

Thanks.

Just a side note for the archives. The Oracle 8 requirements say 128
megs internal and is supposed to be hell without it. I'm doing fine here
with 64 and 333mhz. (The HOWTO states that it is possible, but makes it
look kinda scary).

John