[lug] Keyboard problems. Telnetting to tty's.

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Aug 15 20:02:20 MDT 2000

On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 07:54:15PM -0400, John Starkey wrote:
>My keyboard just died (or maybe something within the box). I've got a db
>being constructed using Oracle. Is there anyway that anyone knows to tty
>into X or maybe anyother way to check the status to know when it's done.

You can try doing a "chvt" to change to a text console to see if that
resets the keyboard.  Or you can just use "x2x" directed at the remote
display to give you mouse and keyboard control.  You'll need to be able
to see the display though, so you may wish to do this *BEFORE* trying the
chvt thing.

Sean
--
 He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder.
                 -- M. C. Escher