[lug] colocation

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Aug 16 11:39:49 MDT 2000

Thus spoke Jonathan Corbet
> FWIW, LWN.net lives at Netrack.  They start at $200/month for 200 kb/sec
> bandwidth.  They, um, charge us rather more than that these days, but it
> took us a surprisingly long time to exceed that low-seeming bandwidth
> number.

I might as well plug trennel.com for this then.  They host my Graphics Muse
server for $150/month.  They provide the machine and maintain the OS and
security, though I do have root access to install software, change daemons,
etc.  In other words they've done basic admin but left the door open for me
to tweak the machine any way I want.  They've been very good with keeping the
machine running - a couple power outage style problems, but thats about it.

To be honest, I don't know what the bandwidth limitations are in general,
though I know I'm no where near that level.  It is nice to have the
maintainers of KRUD, a security-focused Linux distribution, maintaining my
server.

I should note that both Trennel and NeTrack were at (ie supporters of) CLIQ
last year.
--
Michael J. Hammel           | Once, I wept for I had no shoes.  Then I came upon
The Graphics Muse           | a man who had no feet. So I took his shoes.  I