[lug] MEAS Data file format

Bruce Raup braup at kryos.colorado.edu
Wed Aug 16 15:41:24 MDT 2000

David,

I see what you're saying now.  Sorry to beat a dead horse.

Of course, the point of using an all-numeric form in the ISO format was (I
assume) to avoid human language difference issues.  So I suppose one could
decided to use only English and avoid the numeric ambiguity.  Is that what
you were advocating?

In the technical context of exchange of physical measurements, I still
think the slight ambiguity of the ISO-8601 format is acceptable.  After
all, some human being -- maybe even a native English speaker -- will
confuse "June" and "July" as well.

Bruce

--
Bruce Raup
National Snow and Ice Data Center                     Phone:  303-492-8814
Boulder, CO  80309-0449                            Bruce.Raup at colorado.edu