[lug] MEAS Data file format

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Wed Aug 16 16:15:54 MDT 2000

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, David wrote:

>    > * Write a grammar for your data file format (you do not need to admit
>    >   to anyone that you did it).  A grammar will aid you ENORMOUSLY as
>
>    In a sense, I thought that was what I was trying to do.  I think we agree
>    on this point.
>
> Yes, I see what you mean.  So, what I meant was: "Write a formal
> grammar"; probably a BNF grammar.

OK you got me on this one.  What is BNF?

>    Anyway, since I will be leaving NIST to work for ITS effective August
>    27th, most of this will become moot.
>
> Presumably this calls for congratulations - Congratulations!

I think so.  If nothing else it is a change of scenery.  I've been
working at NIST for something like 12 years.

> P.S. what is ITS?

Institute for Telectomunication Sciences

   See http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/Home.html

If you go to http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/home/projects.html and look under
"spectrum research" that will be where I'll be working.

- Wayde
  (wallen at boulder.nist.gov)