[lug] Microsoft Porting to Linux

matthew.w.mcillece at lmco.com matthew.w.mcillece at lmco.com
Fri Aug 18 10:33:29 MDT 2000

Somebody sent this to me and I had to forward it on.

This is from http://www.shugashack.com/onearticle.x/8551.
See http://www.wininformant.com/display.asp?ID=2874 for the full story.

 Microsoft Porting to Linux [Aug 17, 2000 : 09:09 am]
 97 Comments / Threads - Maarten Goldstein
 WinInfo has a story about a rumor that has been going on for a while that
might actually be true. Microsoft is looking into porting its Windows
applications to Linux and possibly other versions of Unix. Apparently this
has already been work in progress for about a year now, but because of the
proprietary interface that software suites such as Office have, results have
been disappointing. Microsoft wants to use this to leverage Linux as an
entry point to Windows, as it did by releasing Office for the Macintosh.