[lug] Scrolling in xterm

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Aug 19 11:31:33 MDT 2000

On Sat, Aug 19, 2000 at 01:20:37PM +0000, Subba Rao wrote:
>of my window. I am not able to interactively use the mouse to scroll back in the window.
>A mouse click in the scroll bar will position the view in the scroll buffer. How can I

According to the xterm man page:

	Clicking  button one with the pointer in the scroll region
	moves the adjacent line to the top of the display  window.

	Clicking  button  three  moves the top line of the display
	window down to the pointer position.

	Clicking button two moves the display to a position in the
	saved  text  that corresponds to the pointer's position in
	the scrollbar.

You probably want to use the middle mouse button to get the results you
desire.  Why is it middle mouse button?  Because it's been middle mouse
button for what, 20 years?

Sean
--
 If we don't survive, we don't do anything else.
                 -- John Sinclair