[lug] linux router project

Gordon J. Holtslander holtslander at sask.usask.ca
Tue Aug 22 17:41:59 MDT 2000

Hi:

Thanks,  I got it working on my own.  Funny how trying to describe a
problem to someone else forces one to think through it carefully.  I had
the router IP set on the client machine wrong.  I was also getting so
many Martian error messages that I wasn't able to configure anything.
They were overloading the logs.

I disconnected the external network card to stop the error messages,
edited /etc/network.conf to disable logging of martian errors and
reconnected the card. Once that was done I could read the configuration
files properly.

By the way I am using the LRP from Charles Steinkuehler's LRP Website
with the image from:
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net/DiskImages/Eiger/Static.htm

Gord