[lug] linux router project

PC Drew drewpc at colorado.edu
Wed Aug 23 12:50:37 MDT 2000

"To understand recursion, we must first understand recursion."

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Glenn Ashton wrote:

> Perhaps their objections are real.  10base2 can be very flakey.  Does
> anyone else on the list know if the network people's objection to a media
> converter is valid?  I'd be curious to know.

Out of pure ignorance, here's a question: why not upgrade to Ethernet?  Granted,
I don't know very much about token ring or any of these other topologies, but
I do know ethernet.  And I do know that it works, it's fast, and it's good.

Do they not want to upgrade because it would cost too much money?

If anyone can elighten me as to why 10base2 is better than ethernet, I'd appreciate
it.