[[lug] DSL, static IPs and the hunt for red october.]

Duke Smith duke at firstworld.net
Thu Aug 24 14:31:38 MDT 2000

my $0.02:

I've had a domain name including a class-C IP@ block (256) for years
and after some poor service with networksolutions as registrar, have
had good relations & service with register.com. They even have a
human being answer the phone! The $35/yr charge is about the going
rate. Beware of people renting you IP@'s, even policies of some
(I won't mention them again) registrars who slip into the fine print a
clause that in case of dispute, they own your domain name. And 3 bucks
a pop would cost you $768 for a class-C address block!

- duke