[lug] two-digit years in some messages (a bit off-topic)

Bruce Raup braup at kryos.colorado.edu
Thu Aug 24 14:33:43 MDT 2000

Hello.

I've noticed Justin's messages, and a few others, have a two-digit year in
the Date: field.  My mailer (pine) displays this as a correct 4-digit year
in the index, but sorts as if it were the year 0.

Pine obviously could handle this more consistently, but I'm wondering what
software is still producing 2-digit years.  Is it USANET Web-mailer?
qmail?  It would be nice if it were fixed.

Sorry this isn't directly Linux-related.

Bruce

--
Bruce Raup
National Snow and Ice Data Center                     Phone:  303-492-8814
Boulder, CO  80309-0449                            Bruce.Raup at colorado.edu