[[lug] DSL, static IPs and the hunt for red october.]

Duke Smith duke at firstworld.net
Fri Aug 25 11:16:21 MDT 2000

Well, thank you for identifying yourself as a prime mover of Network
Solutions, not only admitting your clear bias in responding to my
criticism of their poor service, but also demonstrating your responsibility
for the fact that it took them several months to get the message that
I needed to change my reference email address, used for identification
and authentication for online domain information changes, and therefore
could not do this via their circuitous and insulting online interface. Also,
the organizational incompetence that accepted my credit-card transaction
to renew my domain-name registration for ten years, sent me email
and paper confirmation, and then forgot all this and began harrassing
me with dunning notices for 1/10 of the payment of which they had
already confirmed receipt. It is true that the charge never went through,
as my credit-card provider cancelled the transaction when NS failed
to bill (electronically) within 5 days of approval.