[[lug] DSL, static IPs and the hunt for red october.]

Duke Smith duke at firstworld.net
Fri Aug 25 19:07:06 MDT 2000

Again, you are intentionally misrepresenting what I said: 4 or 5 years
ago I leased the rights to a class-C domain & an associated domain
name. Since then I have renewed the registration of both these entities
for $25/yr until a year ago, when it went up to $35/yr. As I've said over
& over, & you & others have ignored, I never claimed that register.com
"offer[ed] IP @'s' Please stop putting words in my mouth. If you already
own the rights to a class-C, you don' thave to pay the current outrageous
rates. Don't try to "put an end to [a] discussion" with the kind of
misrepresentation you have used repeatedly in this discussion.

!! Apologies to the list: this response was delayed for several hours
because my ISP is having problems.