[[lug] DSL, static IPs and the hunt for red october.]

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Aug 25 21:12:13 MDT 2000

Short form: It seems Duke is admitting that people wanting IPs today can't
get them for $35, as he implied earlier, and that the numbers he based
his calculation of gorging by ISPs for IP addresses.

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 07:04:27PM -0600, Duke Smith wrote:
>Again, STOP intentionally misrepresenting what I have said!!

Quoting what you said can hardly be called misrepresenting.

>I never said that either "NSI []or register.com allocate IP addresses".

Incorrect.  You're response to my question of how somone can get a
/24 for $35 (again, today, not in ancient history) was:

>registration service through Network Solutions. As I became
>increasingly dissatisfied with their (absence of) service, I followed
>a lead posted to this list several months ago and changed my
>registrar to register.com, with whom I am so far quite satisfied.
>
>Consider yourself enlightend, now, regarding "where is it you can
>get a /24 block for $35 per year". Also, it is true, I did not

Since you're so fond of using semantic arguments to try go slight what
we've said in response to you, "you can get" means today so the above
is you saying that "[I] can get a /24 block for $35 per year" using
register.com.  Not "you could in ancient history", but "you can".

Again, as I said, in the good old days IPs and domains were *FREE*.
That still has ABSOLUTELY NO BEARING on anyone getting IPs today.

Oh, I'd also like you to explain why the domain you have which is
"legally and logicly" associated with your /24 is running on
an IP block allocated to an ISP in Colorado Springs.

Sean
--
 I think you are blind to the fact that the hand you hold
 is the hand that holds you down.  -- Everclear