[lug] Max mail queue size

John Karns jkarns at csd.net
Fri Aug 25 22:01:18 MDT 2000

For the first time, I received a msg that the mail had bounced due to an
overflow of my mail box.  I believe that this was generated by my linux
system while fetching mail from my ISP.  I am using sendmail version 8.9.3
and fetchmail version 5.0.3+POP2.  However, I have been unable to find
anything in man pages or config files which seems to provide information
on how this is set.  Anyone have an idea?

The bounce msg:

From: John Karns <jkarns at jkPresario1687.my.privateDomain>
Subject: you are over quota

At least one incoming message was returned to the sender because it would
have put your mailbox over quota.  The first such message was 1354688
bytes in size, and you only have 375804 bytes left in your mailbox.
(Your mailbox quota is 5120000 bytes.)  To fix this situation, you should
delete some of the mail in your mailbox.

John Karns                                              jkarns at csd.net
Bogota, Colombia                                  Voice: 57-1-341-0300