[lug] DNS and a thanks for the DSL info.

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Aug 28 08:53:38 MDT 2000

On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 12:27:53AM -0400, John Starkey wrote:
>I'm so used to doing everything with /etc/hosts and /etc/HOSTNAME that I
>don't get how any machine will know the server is on my machine.

You don't need a ns.* zone set up.  Again, other machines will know
the DNS server is on your machine because you will have changed the
whois record so that it lists your DNS server as one of the ones
associated with the domain.

Sean
--
 Well, what does she expect? You leave your navigator lying around,
 naturally somebody is going to run over him.  -- _Death_Race_2000_