[lug] Stroustrup interview?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Aug 28 14:05:47 MDT 2000

On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 02:49:23PM -0600, Michael J. Hammel wrote:
>though).  But *if* it is real it's a rather interesting article.  Certainly
>keeps in line with what I've heard of Stroustrup, which is that he never
>really liked C++.

I've seen it in various forms, including with his name properly spelled.
Of course, it's telling that most of the URLs you'll find that interview
on include the word "hoax" in them.  In particular, check out
http://www.research.att.com/~bs/ieee_interview.html which includes:

and http://www.m0rph.com/c++/bjarne2.shtml which includes:

>Date: Sun, 1 Mar EST 13:38:12 -0500 (EST)
>From: bs at day.research.att.com
>To: Jeff.Poste at energyworks.ca, m0rph at m0rph.com
>
>Sorry to send you a form letter, but I have now received dozens of
>copies of that "IEEE interview" hoax. Yes, it is (obviously) a hoax.
>No, it is not a hoax done by me or any of my friends; had it been,
>it would have been less crude and more funny.
>
>If you want information about C++, see my articles and books.
>You can find references, articles, book chapters, and even a couple
>of genuine interviews on my homepages.
>
>- Bjarne

Sean
--
 Fire at the celuloud factory.  No film at eleven.
                 -- _Kentucky_Fried_Movie_