[lug] Apache SSL virtual host / multiple certificates

Rob Murdock rob at sysmgrs.com
Mon Aug 28 17:46:36 MDT 2000

Apache SSL with one cert for the server is pretty cinchy & works fine
right out of the box.  But is there a trick I'm missing to get
Apache/SSL (the RedHat 6.2 SWS distribution) to work correctly with
multiple virtual hosts, each with it's own SSL cert?  Basically I set it
up just like the manual & apache.org said to with IP address -based
vhosts.  Although httpsd starts fine (claims to) & non-SSL content
renders just fine, I get a server disconnect dialog when I try to bring
anything up through https.  My setup is as plain-vanilla as I can get;
is there a known trick or work-around?  E.g. (bogusly),

<VirtualHost 11.22.33.44>
    ServerAdmin me at my.com
    DocumentRoot /home/httpd/html/mutt
    ServerName www.mutt.com
    ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/mutt-error_log
    TransferLog /var/log/httpd/mutt-access_log
    SSLEngine on
    SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/mutt.crt
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/server.key
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 11.22.33.55>
    ServerAdmin me at my.com
    DocumentRoot /home/httpd/html/jeff
    ServerName www.jeff.com
    ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/jeff-error_log
    TransferLog /var/log/httpd/jeff-access_log
    SSLEngine on
    SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/jeff.crt
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/server.key
</VirtualHost>

Suggestions are appreciated, thank you in advance!

Rob