[lug] Caldera Install.

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Aug 29 12:14:39 MDT 2000

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 07:15:53AM -0600, Jason Packer/Boulder/Contr/IBM wrote:
>I'll go back to Slackware, methinks.  I like to install a base system with
>the bare minimum of crap and go from there, installing individual packages
>to suit my needs.

Of course, you should be using KRUD.  ;-)  The latest versions of KRUD
come with "kickstart" configurations, one of which is a "base" install
which you can then add the packages you want to.  Using kickstart, it
will answer all the install questions for you, so you just boot to the
install loader prompt and type the name of the kickstart install to do,
and then come back in 10 or 15 minutes and it's done.

Pretty handy -- as you can tell, we have had the need for doing a
"base install" too.  ;-)

Sean
--
 But I woke up when somone slammed the door so hard I fell outta bed
 screaming "Mama's little baby loves shortnin' bread".  -- Aerosmith