[lug] Re: reverse DNS info

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Aug 29 13:35:36 MDT 2000

Actually, coming from the ISP side, I can say that I've had more
problems getting customers to follow this RFC than getting myself to do
so! :)

Either way, they should use the CNAME method of aliasing described in
this RFC.  Some ISP's get amazingly lazy and set up NS records to do the
delegation and that causes the customer to have a "blind spot" in DNS to
the other users of that Class-C, because the NS and SOA records get
answered incorrectly for the delegated zone.