[lug] OT: solaris admin book

Ian Hall-Beyer manuka at nerdherd.net
Tue Aug 29 14:08:42 MDT 2000

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Andrew Diederich wrote:

> I'm looking for a book on Solaris specific admin stuff.  I have the regular
> O'Reilly types (Essential System Administration, TCP/IP Network
> Administration) but there are quirks in Solaris I haven't grokked yet.  Any
> suggestions?

Solaris Essential Reference, John P Mulligan, New Riders

Fatbrain: ($20)

http://www1.fatbrain.com/asp/bookinfo/bookinfo.asp?theisbn=0735700230&from=nfu595

Also available at Softpro. ($25)B

Another good one is

Solaris 8 System Administration Guide (3 volumes), Sun Microsystems Press

Fatbrain: ($116)

http://www1.fatbrain.com/bookinfo/bookinfo.cl?theisbn=DM10002723&from=nfu595

-Ian

--
<cosmo> wow, this is kinda nifty. the win98 protocol stack is
like a chinese finger puzzle, twist and turn in the right places,