[lug] a question of history

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Aug 30 15:20:34 MDT 2000

Historical question - those with real work to do should continue doing so.  :-)

Watching Cringley's Nerds show I noticed an Xerox Alto running a windowing
system - the one they showed to Steve Jobs.  Looking at that early system I
noticed it's rudimentary resemblence to X running Xaw-based applications.
Does anyone know if X11 (or maybe X10?) was used as the windowing system on
the Alto?  If not, what system were they using?
--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com