[lug] grabbing /dev/tty i/o

Atkinson, Chip CAtkinson at Circadence.com
Wed Aug 30 16:26:52 MDT 2000

Greetings,

I'm trying to provide a response to the password: response from scp and have
been unable to.  I looked at the code and scp is opening /dev/tty and
reading the password response from there.  I'd like to be able to use a
shell script, perl script, or C program to give scp the password, but I have
been unable to do so.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I know that expect
can do it but I don't think I'll be able to use expect everywhere.

Thanks in advance,

Chip