[lug] a question of history

Ruskell Todd G Todd.Ruskell at Colorado.EDU
Wed Aug 30 20:22:22 MDT 2000

As long as people are talking about historical notes, signature lines,
and nerds, the quote on Michael's sig below is not entirely
unattributable. It is a slightly altered version of ancient Chinese Taoist
philosopher Chuang Tzu  (369?-286? B.C.).  In my translation, the quote
reads, "But he didn't know if he was Chuang Chou who had dreamt he was a
butterfly, or a butterfly dreaming he was Chuang Chou."

Todd