[lug] Ldap and redhat 6.2

Brown, Jeremy (Cheyenne) Jeremy.Brown at exchange1.echostar.com
Thu Aug 31 13:55:45 MDT 2000

   I am running Redhat 6.2 and have installed openldap-1.2.9-5 as well as
nss_ldap-105-1 and auth_ldap-1.4.0-2. I am getting the error when doing a
ldapsearch "No object found". I have looked at the /etc/openldap.conf,
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf countless times to make sure they are set up ok. I
ran the migrate_passwd.pl and made the ldif file. I then added the extra
three lines at the top for the base dn. I had already changed the
migrate_common.ph file to reflect my base. The ldif file looks fine. I ran
ldif2ldbm and created the database. No errors. I have redone this about five
times now. Every time the same thing. No object found when doing a search. I
must be missing something.  Any suggestions or help would be great.
Eventually I would like to use Ldap for authenticating users on the many
different linux machines we run.

   Thanks