[lug] Debian 2.2

Chris Riddoch socket at peakpeak.com
Fri Sep 1 20:31:41 MDT 2000

Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com> writes:
> There's been a lot of problems talked about on
> debian-cd at lists.debian.org about the CheapBytes images.  Their QA seems
> to have missed a bunch of CD's that were bad.
>
> Also, there's a ONE BIT change to the official CD images for rev0 if you
> want to load pdksh on your system.  pdksh on the official images is
> broken.
>
> They're planning a rev1 CD image release to fix it with other fixes
> later-on.
>
> If you're using Sparc images, there's a major problem with the originals
> -- they won't boot!  :)
>
> There's already a rev1 for Sparc.
>
> Nate

Argh. There are an awful lot of debian mailing lists. I didn't even
know this one existed.  There hasn't been a debian weekly news
mentioning this yet, and searching through the subject lines in the
archive of debian-cd says nothing about cheapbytes.

Thanks for the warning. I'm sending cheapbytes an email to confirm the
problem.  I *do* wish it was a little easier to find information on
the matter.  With luck, the fact that the problem has been noticed
should mean that they're probably shipping fixed versions now, if they
want to keep any customers.  My order's been confirmed, but not
shipped yet. I imagine (hope) this is probably why.

--
Chris Riddoch
socket at peakpeak.com