[lug] Cisco 675 Config.

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Sep 2 11:53:01 MDT 2000

On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 09:35:13PM -0400, John Starkey wrote:
>Ok. So I've got everything hooked up the way it seems it should based on
>the Manual. I've been looking through Cisco's site for help and I'm stuck
>on the very first process-- finding CBOS.

What is CBOS supposed to be?  I simply connect the management cable to the
675 and use a terminal program (I use kermit).  Just make sure you turn off
the hardware flow control or the session will lock up (the 675 doesn't do
flow control).

>I've got the CDROM (Commander). I've looked through it and can't find any
>UNIX executables. Do I have the wrong CDROM?? Dumb question??

I don't know, I've never used the cdrom.

>I called tech. support to find out if the blinking (WAN) LNK light would
>become steady green when they've got me up and running. They said yes.

The WAN link light will go from blinking to solid when the connection is up.
Usually this takes around 12 seconds.  If it's always blinking, either
you need to set up your PPP settings, or QWest is having some DSL issues
on your line.

Once you connect to it using minicom or whatever (again, make SURE you
disable hardware flow control *BEFORE* typing anything to the 675),
FRII provides the following instructions:

	- set ppp wan0-0 ipcp 0.0.0.0
	- set ppp wan0-0 dns 0.0.0.0
	- set dhcp serv pool 0 dns 216.17.128.1
	- set dhcp serv pool 0 sdns 216.17.128.2
	- set ppp wan0-0 login <username at frii.com>
	- set ppp wan0-0 pass <password>
	- set ppp restart enable
	- set dhcp server enable
	- set nat enable
	- write
	- reboot

Note that the DNS servers above are FRII's, you'll probably want to change
them to your own ISPs.  I haven't used this setup, I'm running static
IPs.

Sean
--
 > Sorry in advance for the idiocy... (Paul)
 You don't have to give us an advance - we know you're good for it. (Mike)