[lug] Python and MySQL modules

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Sun Sep 3 22:55:35 MDT 2000

Sean Reifschneider wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 01:57:43AM -0600, D. Stimits wrote:
> >It appears that the source for MySQL 3.22.32 does not mix with
> >MySQLmodule-1.4. Can anyone enlighten me on which versions of source
> >will mix and match for RH6.2?
>
> Go to ftp.tummy.com:/pub/tummy/RPMS/SRPMS, and get
> "python-MySQLdb-0.1.1-1.src.rpm".  Then do
> "rpm --rebuild python-MySQLdb-0.1.1-1.src.rpm" and install the
> RPM that winds up in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386.
>
> Enjoy,
> Sean
> --
>  There are things that are so serious that you can only joke about them.
>                  -- Heisenberg
> Sean Reifschneider, Inimitably Superfluous <jafo at tummy.com>
> tummy.com - Linux Consulting since 1995. Qmail, KRUD, Firewalls, Python

This worked nicely on my Redhat box. Next, I have to create a pseudo
mirror of my RH box on a Solaris sparc box. Whatever gets developed on
the RH one will eventually get placed on the sparc server. So I'm left
to wonder, if there is a way to get the actual source used to compile
the linux version. The file I found that appears to be source format,
MySQLmodule-1.4.tar.gz, has only VC++ project files, no Makefile. Even
when I write a Makefile for this one .c program, it dies a miserable
death on both the RH and sparc machines. If I could find the linux
source, or means to get the actual source out of
python-MySQLdb-0.1.1-1.src.rpm (so far no luck with the man page), I'd
probably have much better luck at compiling for the sparc. Does anyone
know where either the linux compatible source is, or a means to extract
the source from python-MySQLdb-0.1.1-1.src.rpm for compile on another
machine?

Thanks,
D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com