[lug] Python and MySQL modules

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Sep 4 00:48:16 MDT 2000

On Sun, Sep 03, 2000 at 10:55:35PM -0600, D. Stimits wrote:
>This worked nicely on my Redhat box. Next, I have to create a pseudo
>mirror of my RH box on a Solaris sparc box. Whatever gets developed on

The nice thing about an .src.rpm file is that it contains everything required
to build the package, including not only the pristine source, but also
any patches required to get it to build.

Install the .src.rpm and then look in /usr/src/redhat in the
"SOURCES" directory.  The "SPEC" directory includes the "recipe"
for building the package.  If you do a "rpm -bp whatever.spec", and
in the "BUILD" directory you will have the source tree including
patches, ready to copy over to the Sparc and build.

Sean
--
 I love the smell of napalm in the morning.  It smells like...  Victory.