[lug] Possible Cracker

llornkcor ljp at llornkcor.com
Mon Sep 4 17:22:55 MDT 2000

> Lately, after sending to a public list (such as today), I've had
> suspicious port testing going on as well. I've posted a question
> on looking up ip's. It seems like someone is monitoring mailing
> lists for machines to test. Who knows.
>
> D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com

I've had machines try to telnet into mine right after I have
posted to various web forums. And one time while trying to find a
Packard Bell web site, I got mis- directed to a spanish language
web page in South America, and instantly started getting Spanish
language spam. (I think that one comes from a server acting like
it got an ftp command, and asking for my 'password", which on
other operating systems, is my email address.)

I battened down some hatches after that.