[lug] Cisco 675 Config.

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Sep 5 11:15:38 MDT 2000

On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 11:46:41AM -0400, John Starkey wrote:
>I'm gonna be hosting just a few domains (one 10k hit site) to start but it
>looks like I may get a few 10k hits/month sites. Anyone hosting this much
>traffic on DSL??

You should have way more than enough bandwidth to host that sort of
traffic, unless it's got a lot of streaming graphics or the like.
We host BLUG on our line and based on the stats we pull from the
network, we have tons of spare bandwidth.  I haven't counted, but
I'd be suprised if BLUG got less than 10k hits per month.

We go by this simple rule: Measure what you're using, buy extra capacity
before you fill up what you have.  We use SNMP to pull the actual stats
on what's being used by each box, via a managed switch.

Sean
--
 If the code and the comments disagree, then both are probably wrong.
                 -- Norm Schryer