[lug] Cisco 675 Config.

John Starkey jstarkey at ajstarkey.com
Tue Sep 5 11:37:22 MDT 2000

> You should have way more than enough bandwidth to host that sort of
> traffic, unless it's got a lot of streaming graphics or the like.
> We host BLUG on our line and based on the stats we pull from the
> network, we have tons of spare bandwidth.  I haven't counted, but
> I'd be suprised if BLUG got less than 10k hits per month.

One person inquired about me hosting a game server (two separate domains).
I think that might end up being too much??

> We go by this simple rule: Measure what you're using, buy extra capacity
> before you fill up what you have.  We use SNMP to pull the actual stats
> on what's being used by each box, via a managed switch.

I was gonna ask about this. I've seen SNMP out there before. What is it? I
need something that will analze the logs and email reports. Will SNMP
record CPU capacity and usage?? Is there such a beast?? I can sit and
watch it in X, but I really don't like using X.

Brings up another question (better use another thread though).

John