[lug] Intrusion Detection Software. And basic secure networking.

John Starkey jstarkey at ajstarkey.com
Tue Sep 5 11:51:04 MDT 2000

I've checked out Portsentry, Hostsentry and a few (currently) more
aggressive IDS's. Anyone have any recommendations?? I would like something
that's adaptive and will work several boxes with a central server. One of
the site's I'm working on is a hosting deal for a fan club for a major
rock act. I'm sure it will appear to be a playground. Nice challenge in
my case :} I'm back to that adhrenaline thing.

I'm setting up a box for email and a box for www/home; what's the best way
to link the two transparently (ie. NIS, etc.)

John