[lug] SCIOCTL: network not available

Wayde Allen wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov
Tue Sep 5 13:46:04 MDT 2000

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Ruskell Todd G wrote:

> I'm stretching my memory significantly, but is this an ISA card?  If this
> is the card I'm remembering, it was pseudo plug and play.  I had to run
> the setup utility from the dos side, and then give lilo the eth0=***** as
> an append command, where the ***** was irq, io, etc, as established by the
> dos setup software.

I had thought about running the DOS setup software on this card, but since
the system seemed to be detecting it's presence I hadn't thought that
would be necessary.  Nevertheless I took your advice, and discovered that
the IRQ that the card was using was 12 rather than 10.  So after setting
the IRQ as you suggested, the problem cleared right up!

Thanks for the help as always!

- Wayde
  (wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov)