[lug] distributed shell or ssh ?

Michael J. Pedersen marvin at keepthetouch.org
Tue Sep 5 17:02:32 MDT 2000

On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 03:33:25PM -0600, Charles Morrison wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone knows of an easy way to send the same command to
> multiple servers at once? Then to make it more interesting, with encryption. I
> know it's possible to script a little program to do this, but I'm thinking a
> single, command line program that you could feed a list of IPs (in a text file
> maybe) and have it run the particular command on all of them. If it already
> exists I don't want to reinvent it.

The closest solution of which I'm aware is on these lines:

for i in list of ip addresses ; do ssh $i command ; done

But that's not truly simultaneous. Depending on what command is, it could even
be non-feasible to do.

-----
Michael J. Pedersen
Get GnuPG at http://www.gnupg.org
My GnuPG Key Fingerprint: C31C 7E90 5992 9E5E 9A02 233D D8DD 985E 4E72 4A60
My GnuPG Public Key Available At: http://www.keyserver.net