[lug] Re: Attaching Notice to Command

SoloCDM deedsmis at aculink.net
Tue Sep 5 16:49:53 MDT 2000

Tkil wrote:

> SoloCDM> Is there a way to attach a notice to a command that gives the
> SoloCDM> user a message and stops the command from executing?
>
> i'm afraid i don't understand the question.  some possible
> interpretations that come to mind:
>
>  * is the command a shell built-in, a script, or a compiled
>    object-code executable?

compiled object-code executable

>  * in what context do you want to "attach" to this command: per user,
>    per system, per download, per distribution, per phase of moon?

per user, per system

>  * does "stop the command" mean prohibit as in security, pause as in
>    prompt, or just quit as in exit?

quit as in exit

> a sample use case would probably help.

There are curtain commands at particular and any given times that will
corrupt a users configurations if they execute any of those commands,
because the system is cleaning up files; e.g.: startx.

Note: When you reply to this message, please include
      the mailing list and my email address.