[lug] .doc to .txt on Linux

John Starkey jstarkey at ajstarkey.com
Fri Sep 8 13:13:23 MDT 2000

> <sigh> Open up a browser... point it to http://www.google.com/
> and type in the word 'mswordview' in the simple form that
> appears. Press enter.

<sigh> Errr. :]

I lost time while screwing with StarOffice. And right now (due to my lack
of DSL) I'm stuck with 28k and having to d-load everything with only the
mac connected, then change to ethernet to ftp it to my linux machine.
While I was asking one question I thought I'd throw that one in. How many
dead links have you followed from search engines with a 28k line lately?

This inconvenience wasn't directed at your delete button personally,
sorry.

> (Sorry for the mild flammage, but that was a silly question.)

This is the only silly reply I recieved. If he didn't want to type a one
line answer that's totally exceptable. altavista or linux.org would have
been the next step. I appreciate the concern.

> As far as the tags go... why do you care? Lynx will strip
> them out for you.

I will need to copy & paste into proprietary UI code. Anything wierd will
throw it off. Lynx isn't supported, btw.

t'was fun thanks.

John