[lug] PHP and Emacs book recommendations?

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Mon Sep 11 15:02:42 MDT 2000

Thus spoke Evelyn Mitchell
> There are a lot of books on PHP out now, but I haven't looked at any
> of them.

I checked out a couple at a local Barnes and Noble but wasn't overly
impressed with them.  I was looking for the O'Reilly one I thought was
already out, but I guess it's not yet.

> all got good reviews on Amazon.

As a writer trashed by an anonymous reviewer on Amazon, I don't put much
stock in online reviews - unless they happen to be by someone I *know*
knows what they're talking about.

> _Learning GNU Emacs_ from O'Reilly is very good, though it doesn't
> discuss Viper. For the Viper specific questions, you'll have to read
> the Viper man page.

Thanks.  I guess I'll pick this one up - it was at the B&N.
--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com