[lug] PHP and Emacs book recommendations?

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Mon Sep 11 15:49:06 MDT 2000

Thus spoke PC Drew
> I don't want to sound mean, but I'd say http://www.php.net/manual and
> http://www.phpbuilder.com
>
> I have yet to find a need for a book on PHP.  PHPs own documentation is
> incredibly well done.  But, that's my opinion :)

Personal choice.  I hate online documentation.  My eyes are already tired
from staring at monitors for 10+ hours a day, 20 years running.

Printed books (and even magazines) are still my preferred means of learning
most new tools.  Online docs are just quick reference for me.

--
Michael J. Hammel           |      Knowledge comes,
The Graphics Muse           |      but wisdom lingers.