[lug] apt-get

Ruskell Todd G Todd.Ruskell at Colorado.EDU
Tue Sep 12 11:59:48 MDT 2000

Hi all,

I am using Corel's 2nd edition (really version 1.2), and am trying to
install some deb packages that depend on the debconf package.  My problem
is this.  When I do an

apt-get -s install debconf

to simulate what will happen, it tells me that it's going to
"intelligently" remove a bunch of "extra" packages:

The following packages will be REMOVED:
  menusupport-kde-corel online-services debconf-tiny kde-corel apt
  libapt-pkg-dev kde-corel-admin corel-help-redist
  debconf

Now, I really don't want to remove kde-corel, and some of these other
packages.  I've customized my desktop, etc. and don't want to do it again.
I've tried other options to get it to install without removing these
packages.  Any suggestions?

Surely "they" didn't make Corel and Debian this incompatible?

Thanks,

Todd