[lug] Backup from Sun to Linux or SGI

Andrew Gilmore gilmorea at aterway.Colorado.EDU
Thu Sep 14 10:54:00 MDT 2000

I'm vaguely recalling the ability to remote mount a tape drive. "rmt" is a
command that is involved. I have no idea whether it would work across OS
differences, although I recall mounting a Sun tape drive on a Win95 machine,
and successfully backing it up.

the man page for rmt refers to using rexec or rcmd, which suggest security
issues to me.

Anyone?

Andrew