[lug] setting up a mirror

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Sep 14 19:12:30 MDT 2000

On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 07:02:45PM -0600, Michael Wegener wrote:
>I am trying to set up mirrored directories on redundant servers (RH6.2)
>and am not getting very far very fast. Ideally, it would be automated
>(or CRON'ed) so that if I put a file on server1 it will copy that file
>to server2. Any (easily implemented) ideas?

The "rsync" program works well to do that.  Using SSH you can set up
some authentication keys so that one box can replicate files to another
box via cron, without requiring manual authentication.  You can also use
anonymous rsync which would allow anyone to sync it, etc...

Sean
--
 "If life was fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would
 be dead."  -- Johnny Carson