[lug] SSH on Windoze

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Sat Sep 16 20:16:41 MDT 2000

>>>>> "John" == John Starkey <jstarkey at advancecreations.com> writes:

John> Ok. So I'm up and running. I've decided I'm disabling telnet and
John> requiring ssh for my clients. Anyone have any recommendations
John> for ssh clients on Windoze. I tried one from work a few weeks
John> ago and wasn't all that impressed. The keymapping was too
John> strange.

i really like "putty", mostly because it is small, quick, doesn't need
to be installed.  i don't care too much about obscure keymappings; the
terminal emulation is a pretty decent xterm (meaning, xemacs worked
fine on it, which (1) is all i fundamentally cared about, and (2)
*emacs really does hammer terminal emulations.)

t.