[lug] SSH on Windoze

John Starkey jstarkey at ajstarkey.com
Sat Sep 16 23:07:45 MDT 2000

> i really like "putty", mostly because it is small, quick, doesn't need
> to be installed.  i don't care too much about obscure keymappings; the
> terminal emulation is a pretty decent xterm (meaning, xemacs worked
> fine on it, which (1) is all i fundamentally cared about, and (2)
> *emacs really does hammer terminal emulations.)

vi was a pain. But I have had that happen with NSCA on the mac. Maybe I
should look into emacs.

My client though, I doubt he's gonna do too much editting online. He did
mention using telnet for small - one or two line - changes, but I have a
feeling he's never done it that way. I think he just wants it for moving
files around and chmod'ing.

Have you worked with it enough to know whether I can edit keymaps?? I
don't have a Windoze box here.

Thanks,

John