[lug] Gnome Window Manager

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Mon Sep 18 21:03:02 MDT 2000

Do you have all of the gnome packages installed?

I get this from rpm -qa|grep -i gnome
gnome-audio-1.0.0-8
gnome-audio-extra-1.0.0-8
gnome-core-1.0.55-12
gnome-core-devel-1.0.55-12
gnome-libs-1.0.55-12
gnome-libs-devel-1.0.55-12
gnome-linuxconf-0.25-2
gnome-media-1.0.51-2
gnome-objc-1.0.2-6
gnome-objc-devel-1.0.2-6
gnome-pim-1.0.55-1
gnome-pim-devel-1.0.55-1
gnome-users-guide-1.0.72-1
gnome-utils-1.0.50-4

Is there anything in ~/.xsession, or if you start x from a console can
you go back to the console and find a message (sometimes the term on
Ctrl-Alt-F10 has error messages).  Do yo have all of the graphic file
format libraries installed?

It may also be a function of the theme you have chosen for gnome.

Hugh