[lug] [O/T]Web Server Fault Tolerance Devices

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Sep 19 01:37:03 MDT 2000

On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 07:42:35PM -0600, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> I've had good luck with using a Linux machine running ipmasqadmin,
> the UltraMonkey stuff at ultramonkey.sourceforge.net, or if you can
> get away with it, round-robbin DNS (my favorite).

Of course, just so people looking through the archives see it, the BIND
folks as ISC specifically discourage the use of round-robin DNS as a
load-balancing technique in their FAQ due to the unpredictable nature of
the CLIENT side's use of the multiple responses send from the servers,
since there is no RFC covering what the client should DO with the