[lug] a few questions

Howard Smith hgsmith at gis.net
Tue Sep 19 12:26:19 MDT 2000

I am new to Linux, so forgive me if I seem slow. I want to learn it in
order to set up a network at home. I only have five computers and three
printers to put on the network. I plan to use a Celeron 455 to use as a
router to connect into my cable modem. What kind of hub(s) do I need?
How much RAM/memory do I need ? What is the better router software ? How
do I select a firewall ? And are there any good FAQ's or sites out there
so I can find out more ? I hope I'm not out of line asking really basic
questions.

                                                    thanks, Howie Smith