[lug] White square instead of mouse cursor in KDE and Gnome...

celttechie (Brian Jarrett) celttechie at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 19 13:36:07 MDT 2000

Hello all,

I've installed Mandrake 7.1 on a machine with a PS/2 mouse.  During X setup it asked if I would like to try v4.0 of X instead of 3.3.  I said yes.  Now, in Gnome or KDE, I get a big white square for a cursor instead of the customary arrow.  Is this because I had it install v4.0?  When I look at the X Server configuration, it seems to indicate that it's really running v3.3.  So the other question is, "How do I tell for sure what version of X is running?"

Thanks,
Brian