[lug] network settings

KRITZBERG DAVID OWEN David.Kritzberg at Colorado.EDU
Wed Sep 20 00:28:58 MDT 2000

I think I may be making a simple mistake configuring my Mandrake 7.1
install for the ethernet. Linux recognizes the nic card correctly
and I can ping the other computers that are connected to the same
hub, but I cannot for example ping colorado.edu, and my machine is on
the university of colorado network. I have no idea whether there
could be a thousand reasons for this problem or just one staring me
in the face. Any suggestions? Any suggestions on what information I
have left out in order to understand the problem?

David Owen Kritzberg (david.kritzberg-at-colorado.edu)
Department of Economics, University of Colorado at Boulder
Campus Box 256, Boulder CO 80309-0256
Tel: 303-492-7709 Fax: 303-492-8960